Midwest Academy of TaeKwon-Do offers:
- Children & Adult Classes!
- Families can train together!
- Self-defense seminars for your groups, school, or work place!
- National Competition Team!
- Certifications through the MMAL and the UTA!
Ages 7 and older. Offering a 1, 2 or 3 day per week option. Dates: September 20-December 11
|1 day per week||$115||$125|
|2 days per week||$180||$190|
|3 days per week||$235||$245|
Beginner Taekwondo: New students to 1 year of Yellow Stripe
Students will be taught and excel in these fundamentals:
- Proper stances
- Breath Control
- Striking with your hands (both open and closed techniques)
- Kicking (both ground and flying)
- Blocking/Deflecting Attacks
- Sparring (Controlled contact fighting skills)
- Breaking (proper techniques to break boards)
- First Three Patterns of the Chang Hon Systems
Monday & Thursday: 6:00 – 6:45 pm and Saturday: 8:30 – 9:15 am
Intermediate Taekwondo: 1 – 2 years of training – Yellow to Green Belt
Students will be taught and excel in these skills:
- Advance Stances and Movement
- Advance Hand Techniques (both striking and blocking)
- Advance Kicking Techniques (both ground and flying)
- Basic Weapon Defense
- Advance Sparring
- Self-Defense (Advance groundwork/multiple opponents)
- Chang Hon Patterns
Monday & Thursday: 6:45 – 7:30 pm and Saturday: 9:15 – 10:00 am
Advanced Taekwondo: 1 – 2 years of training – Yellow to Green Belt
Your training will help guide you to become role models, mentors and leaders in your schools, workplace and community. You will be rewarded through your dedication, perseverance and hard work by seeing your belief in yourself and self-confidence grow beyond your expectations.
Monday & Thursday: 7:30 – 8:30 pm and Saturday: 10:00 – 11:30 am
Located in the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin’s Multi-Use Gym