Centre of Elgin Youth Dance Program
The Parks and Recreation Department has partnered with Integrity School of Dance for our youth dance programming at the Centre of Elgin. Integrity School of Dance of Elgin is owned and operated by Elisabeth McCoy and Kelly Hill. This local studio has a love for children, dance and for providing a safe atmosphere that inspires student to excel through the grace of dance. Our recital is a special time for your dancer to showcase their accomplishments on stage! This show is sure to be entertaining and will also include Integrity’s company dancers. To learn more about the studio and staff visit isodance.com.
2022 Recital Session
Dance Reminders and Corrections
Below are important Dance Reminders and date corrections to inform you about. Due to supply chain issues we need to pay and order for costumes earlier than in years past. We will need to ask that you submit the recital/costume fee no later than January 28th. You can pay this fee in-person at the front desk or over the phone by calling 847-531-7000, Monday-Wednesday 9-6pm, Thursday 1-5pm and Saturday 9am-Noon. We are also eliminating close contact occurrences by asking parents to measure your child for their costume and email the measurements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dance Reminders and date corrections:
- Wear a mask during class.
- Date correction on Dress Rehearsal and Recital: Correct dates are June 13-18. Schedule and performance times to follow.
- Recital/Costume Fee of $80 is due by January 28th.
- Costume Measurements emailed by Sunday, January 23 to email@example.com.
Students should not attend class if they have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Tested positive for COIVD 19 or was in close contact with someone who tested positive in the 5 days prior to class
- Signs of a fever or a measured temperature greater than 100.3 degrees
- Cough or trouble breathing within the last 24-hour period
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with proper measurements and list in this order:
Dancer Name (first & last):
Clothing sizes (Shirt, Pant, Dress):
Follow these simple tips (below with photo) when you’re ready to take body measurements. (Optional Measuring tape for body. available at Amazon for $2.99).
· Have your dancer wear undergarments or a lightweight leotard with a bra that gives the bust line its typical shape for most accurate measurements.
· Have your dancer stand straight with their weight evenly distributed.
· The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight on circumference measurements and stretched tight for vertical measurements.
Getting the Measurements (inches):
· Bust/Chest – Measure over the fullest part of your chest with your arms relaxed at your sides.
· Waist – Measure around where your waist naturally indents. Keep your finger between the tape and your belly.
· Hips – Measure around the fullest part of the hips and buttocks while standing with your heels together.
· Girth – Girth is the most important measurement when determining size! To measure girth, place a tape measure at the top of the shoulder where a leotard strap sits, then down through the crotch and around to back to the same shoulder (measuring tape goes AROUND full torso). Measuring tape should be close to the body but not tight.
· Inseam – Measure from the crotch to the bottom. The inseam length is the number of inches, to the nearest half-inch.
Questions about costume measurements? Please mail, email@example.com
Questions about payment and program? Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Age of student is based upon the age of student on September 1st, 2021. All classes are open for registration online and in-person at the Centre of Elgin. Classes begin the week of January 17,2022 and meet for 20 weeks through June 11th. Our dress rehearsal and recital will be at Hemmens Cultural Center June 14-18. A detail recital schedule will be available in March 2022.
Recital Costume Information
New this year is a recital fee of $80, which is NOT included in the class fee but includes recital costume, t-shirt, backpack tag, and digital video upload of recital. Recital fee is non-refundable. Due to supply chain and shipping issues the Recital Fee is now due by Jan. 28th. Integrity School of Dance will choose the costume and parents will need to approve costume size. Once the costume has been ordered, it is owned by the dancer.
Important FAQ about Dance Recital Program
- Registration ends January 22nd.
- Recital session of classes requires participation in our June Recital and the purchase of a recital costume. The cost of the recital costume is NOT included in the program class fee and it is collected separately.
- Recital fee of $80, includes recital costume, t-shirt, backpack tag, and digital video upload of recital. Recital fee is non-refundable. Recital fee of $80 is due by January 28th, payable in person at Centre of Elgin. It is non-refundable.
- Dance EFT payment plan available 50% due at time of registration. Valid cc or debit card is required for billing. Remaining balance is due on April 1st.
- Families with multiple children enrolling into recital session can receive a discount of 10% off the youngest child’s dance fee. The oldest child’s dance fee will be at full price.
- No class dance classes on March 29-April 2nd.
- Absences will occur for various reasons but missed classes due to vacation, illness etc. are not pro-rated.
- Questions regarding costumes/recital can be answered by emailing Integrity email@example.com
Follow link below to register for Winter 2022 dance classes