Pool Rules and Policies
- Children age 8 and under must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult age 18 and older at all times. Children age 4 and under must have a parent or guardian in the water within arms reach.
- Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and to respond in case of emergency.
- The City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Children not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper with tight fitting plastic pants over them in addition to a swimsuit.
- Only lined swim suits will be acceptable swim wear; basketball shorts, cutoffs, street clothes, or any other clothing will not be permitted.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets will be accepted. If you are unsure of the type of swimming aide that is accepted, please bring the floatation device in to get approval from the manager on duty.
- Refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
- Aquatic Staff has the right to institute additional rules for the public’s safety.
Diving Board Rules
- One person on the diving board at a time
- Only one bounce is allowed
- Dive or jump straight off the end of the board
- No back or inward dives, handstands or cartwheels permitted
- Swim directly to the nearest ladder and exit the well
- Next guest in line must stay on the deck until well is clear
- Swimming in the diving well is not permitted
- Diving is permitted off the diving board only
- Hanging from the diving board is not permitted
- No flotation devices allowed with use of diving board
- Jumping off the diving board into the arms of another swimmer is not permitted
- Demonstration to a lifeguard the ability to swim two widths before using the diving board may be required.
- All riders must be at least 42″ tall or have prior approval from management in order to ride the waterslide
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cut off jeans, only lined swim suits allowed
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position, facing forward, and wait for instructions from the attendant stationed at the slide starter tub
- All riders must ride feet first while lying on their back and arms crossed across their chest or hands clasped behind their head and legs crossed at the ankles
- Only one rider at a time
- No tubes, mats, or life jackets are permitted on the waterslide
- The line should form on the deck with one rider on each landing and one rider in each starter tub
- Riders must be in good health. Pregnant women or individuals with heart or back conditions should not use this slide
- Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Follow the instructions of the slide attendant
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in the flume. Arms and hands must remain inside the flume
- No diving from the slide
- Leave the plunge pool promptly after entering