Youth Basketball League
Kindergarten – Grade 9
Winter season runs February 13 – March 20
Fees: $45/resident $55/Non-Resident
Register by February 3
Volunteer coaches needed – notify Rachel Jachowske at email@example.com if interested
Practice Schedules Will be emailed to participants one week prior to the start of the season.
One reversible jersey will be provided which will be used for the fall 2020 and winter 2021 seasons.
Come out and learn the skills of basketball and enjoy league play for boys and girls in Kindergarten – 9th grade. This league will follow all of the state of Illinois youth sport guidelines which at this time includes no-contact practices. Players will learn the skills of the game and, most importantly, teamwork and sportsmanship. Practices will take place on Saturday at The Centre, 100 Symphony Way. Older age groups may practice and play on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Grades may be combined and days may be added depending on enrollment.
All basketball programs have been modified to adhere to the All Sports Policy released by the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO).
Basketball falls in the HIGH risk level and is allowed to provide activities that fall within Level 1 from the chart below.
|Level 1||No-contact practices and trainings only|
|Level 2||Intra-team scrimmages allowed, with parental consent for minors; no competitive play|
|Level 3||Intra-conference or intra-EMS-region1 or intra-league play/meets only; state- or league-championship game/meet allowed for low-risk sports only|
|Level 4||Tournaments, out-of-conference/league play, out-of-state play allowed; championship games allowed|
Current conditions allow for the following types of play per sport risk level:
- Low-risk sports can currently play at Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Medium-risk sports can currently play at Level 1 and 2
- High-risk sports can currently play at Level 1
Winter Youth Basketball Information
Due to COVID-19 and the safety guidelines for youth sports put together by Governor Pritzker, our Winter Youth Basketball league will look a little different this year. The following guidelines will be followed (pending any changes before the season starts) in order for our league to run. Due to the ever-changing COVID-19 guidelines, this league may see changes or updates throughout the season. We will communicate any updates through email to all participants.
- Team (Pods)
- Teams (Pods) will be formed by the league coordinator and consist of up to 20 players max.
- All players must wear a mask at all times including practices and games
- Team benches will be extended along the entire sidelines to promote social distancing.
- All coaches must wear a mask at all times. Volunteer coaches needed!
- Skills development and practice will take place on Saturdays.
- No games will be played.
- Only two courts (Courts #1 and #3) will be used each weekend in order to keep space between groups. Times will be staggered.
- Teams will be asked to leave the gym/building right after their assigned times – no snacks or meetings will be allowed.
- As of now, spectators will NOT be allowed. Players will be dropped off and picked up at the front doors.
- REGISTRATION TAKES PLACE ONLINE ONLY.