Youth Basketball League
Kindergarten – Grade 10
Fall season runs October 10 – December 5
Fees: $60/resident $70/Non-Resident
Register by September 29
Volunteer coaches needed – notify Rachel Jachowske at email@example.com if interested
Practice/Game Schedules Will be updated with current fall schedules in October
One reversible jersey will be provided which will be used for the fall 2020 and winter 2021 seasons.
Come out and learn the skills of basketball and enjoy league play for boys and girls in Kindergarten – 10th grade. This league will follow all of the state of Illinois youth sport guidelines which will include intra-team games and practices. Players will learn the skills of the game and, most importantly, teamwork and sportsmanship. Practices and games will be held back-to-back on the same day in about an hour time frame. Most games and practices will take place on Saturday at The Centre, 100 Symphony Way. Older age groups may practice and play on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Grades may be combined and days may be added depending on enrollment.
All basketball programs have been modified to adhere to the All Sports Policy released by the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO).
Basketball falls in the MEDIUM risk level and is allowed to provide activities that fall within Level 1 and 2 from the chart below.
|Level 1||No-contact practices and trainings only|
|Level 2||Intra-team scrimmages allowed, with parental consent for minors; no competitive play|
|Level 3||Intra-conference or intra-EMS-region1 or intra-league play/meets only; state- or league-championship game/meet allowed for low-risk sports only|
|Level 4||Tournaments, out-of-conference/league play, out-of-state play allowed; championship games allowed|
Current conditions allow for the following types of play per sport risk level:
- Low-risk sports can currently play at Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Medium-risk sports can currently play at Level 1 and 2
- High-risk sports can currently play at Level 1
Fall Youth Basketball Information
Due to COVID-19 and the safety guidelines for youth sports put together by Governor Pritzker, our Fall Youth Basketball league will look a little different this year. The following guidelines will be followed (pending any changes before the season starts) in order for our league to run. Due to the ever-changing COVID-19 guidelines, this league may see changes or updates throughout the season. We will communicate any updates through email to all participants.
- Teams will be formed by the league coordinator and consist of up to 20 players max.
- All players must wear a mask at all times including practices and games
- Team benches will be extended along the entire sidelines to promote social distancing.
- All coaches must wear a mask at all times. Volunteer coaches needed!
- Practices will take place before the games on Saturdays.
- Games will be intra-team scrimmages (Not playing other teams throughout the season). 5 on 5 if possible but may be adjusted depending on participation. Only two courts (Court #1 and #3) will be used each weekend in order to keep space between groups. Times will be staggered.
- Teams will be asked to leave the gym/building right after their games – no post-game snacks or meetings will be allowed.
- Each player will be allowed only one spectator/parent to attend. This will ensure we do not exceed our maximum group sizes and can ensure proper social distancing.
- Spectator areas will be designated with tape markings on bleachers that are adequately distanced.
- All spectators must wear masks at all times while in the The Centre of Elgin.
- REGISTRATION TAKES PLACE ONLINE ONLY