Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund
About the Fund
The Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund (YSF) was established in 1993 to provide financial assistance to young people in Elgin whose families could not afford to register them for recreation programs. The intent of the scholarship fund is to subsidize the resident fee on most of our recreation programs and punch passes.Scholarships are limited to existing funds on a first come, first served basis and are only available to youth 6 – 17 years of age that are residents of the City of Elgin.
Applying for Youth Scholarship
Families requesting to receive financial assistance through the Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund must be prepared to show proof of residency and financial need. Scholarships are limited to a maximum of $100 per year, per youth and expire at the end of each year on December 31st. Participant will be required to pay $5 toward each program registered for, and any program fees above the $100 limit. Applications will be accepted upon availability of funds and updates will be posted on this page.
Currently, we are not yet accepting applications for the 2018 Recreation Youth Scholarship Fund. Application dates, times and locations will be posted on this page. All updates will be posted on this page.
Parents/Legal Guardians interested in applying MUST:
- Provide Valid Driver’s License or other form of picture ID
- ID must have current Elgin, IL address within Corporate City Limits.
- Provide 1 of the following documents that includes all the names of the children that will be considered in the qualification process for a scholarship.
- Current School-Year Free Lunch Letter
- Proof that child is in a certified foster home.
Actualmente, todavía no estamos aceptando aplicaciones para el Fondo Recreacional de Becas Juveniles del 2018. Las fechas, horarios y localidades en que se aceptaran aplicaciones serán publicados en esta página.
Padre/Madre/Custodio Legal DEBEN…
- Proveer licencia de conducir u otra forma de identificación con foto Válida
- El ID debe tener la dirección actual de Elgin, IL dentro de los Limites Corporativos de la Ciudad
- Proveer uno de los siguientes documentos que incluya todos los nombres de los niños(as) que serán considerados en el proceso de calificación para una beca.
- Carta del Presente Año Escolar de Almuerzo Gratis
- Prueba que el niño(a) está en un hogar certificado adoptivo.
Once notified of qulification, scholarship recipients may register for programs at the Main Courtesy Desk, at The Centre of Elgin, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, when funds are available. The Centre of Elgin is located at 100 Symphony Way. For more information call The Centre of Elgin at 847-931-6123.
The youth of today are our community leaders of tomorrow. Your support can help build stronger, more involved, and connected leaders that will shape our community. Please consider investing in our community by giving a child the opportunity to participate in programs that can provide them with lifelong benefits.