We are open to members only with time slot reservations. New guidelines and procedures are in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. Those policies and procedures listed below.
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin – Restore Illinois Fitness Re-Opening
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin will re-open fitness operations and we would like to share a brief overview of our re-opening procedures based on the Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan for fitness centers. Our number one priority is to ensure The Centre of Elgin provides a first-class member experience by taking extra precautions to provide a safe and healthy club experience for our members and team members.
Centre staff and fitness members must abide by The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift. Members must adhere to CDC, state, and local guidelines as well as Centre fitness policies.
CENTRE OF ELGIN REOPENING GUIDELINES
REDUCED HOURS OF OPERATION
- Mon – Fri | 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Sat – Sun | 7:00am – 5:00pm
- No more than 50% occupancy or 5 people per 1000 sq. feet
- Members must preregister for one of the (7) 90-minute workout sessions – Monday through Friday and (5) 90 minute workout sessions – Saturday & Sunday. A maximum of one session per day per member.
- Members are encouraged to come dressed and ready to workout with limited belongings
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN PROCESS
- Workout sessions are for members only and can be reserved online by clicking the “Register for Fitness Center Workouts” button to the right.
- Bronze, Gold & Platinum members wanting to lap swim will need to reserve a 90-minute workout session first and then will be able to reserve a 60-minute session for a lap lane in the pool; the 60 minute lap swim reservation will fall within the 90-minute workout session (for example, if your workout reservation is from 8 – 9:30, your lap swim reservation will be 8:15 – 9:15).
- Members will be required to wear a face mask when entering the building, and the mask must remain on until your workout begins, and must be worn immediately following your workout. Face masks will not be required while working out.
- Our membership card scanner will be placed on the outside of the fitness desk, and members will scan their membership card themselves; our team members will not be scanning the card for you.
- Staff will not touch or handle any member belongings.
- Cash will not be accepted for any purchases. If a transaction is necessary a credit/debit card may be used with our card reader system.
- One entrance and exit will be implemented (bridge between the parking garage and fitness desk) to ensure maximum distancing.
- Centre staff will be assigned and dedicated to zone cleanings in all areas of the gym including high touch areas, door handles, etc.
- We will be closing the facility for 30 minutes between each workout session to thoroughly clean the locker rooms, exercise equipment, etc.
- Fitness members will be asked to wipe down all equipment and surfaces before and after each use
- Centre staff will be cleaning the locker rooms every hour.
- Centre staff will implement a daily cleaning protocol and a complete fitness area sanitization every 90 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned every hour.
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES
- Strength Machines have been spaced within a workout zone of 6 feet between equipment.
- Staggered usage of Cardio equipment will be implemented to ensure at least 6 feet of space between each individual; please do not attempt to use the cardio that is temporally out of service.
- 1 on 1 Personal Training will be available by reservation only. Contact Dave Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org, to reserve a personal training session.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Group Fitness classes will continue to be offered virtually for Platinum members.
- Live, in-house Group Fitness classes will resume in a limited capacity July 13th.
MEMBER & CENTRE STAFF GUIDELINES
- Centre fitness members will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to follow protocols for cleaning and wear personal protective equipment.
BILLING & ACCOUNT DETAILS
- Automatic billing for members being drafted will begin on July 1st.
- Members who have paid in full for their membership will have 105 days added to the expiration date.
- Members who have expired during the closure will have a prorated number of days added on to the expiration date.
- Members who are not ready or are uncomfortable returning to the gym at this time can request to have their membership suspended for a predetermined period of time. All requests must be made by email to Dave Lopez at email@example.com.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN PHASE 4
- Water Fountains – please fill your water bottle prior to your arrival.
- Towel Service – all members must provide their own towel (lap swim included!).
KID’S ZONE * BASKETBALL * WHIRLPOOL & STEAM ROOM * WALKING TRACK * GUEST PASSES * OPEN SWIM
- The amenities listed above will remain closed and unavailable during Phase 4 and will not re-open until the Restore Illinois plan allows us to do so.
- Locker rooms will be open with limited showers; restrooms will be open to members and cleaned regularly by our team members.
Refer A Friend
When you refer a friend, your friend gets their initiation fee waived AND you receive a $50 household credit.
Coming from another gym or club?
The Centre will waive your initiation fee when you purchase an annual membership at The Centre. All you need to do is bring in a current or active competitor’s membership card when joining and your initiation fee will be waived.
Ask How You Can Get 3 GROUP FITNESS PASSES for FREE
When you purchase a new annual membership or renew your current annual membership, you can receive 3 free group fitness passes FREE – JUST ASK!! Why not take advantage of this offer and try out a group fitness class!?
Member Activities and Games
Watch for our fun, members only, activities and games at the Fitness Desk — Fitness Bingo, Run the Bases, Turkey Shoot, and more!!! Get involved in your fitness center, have some fun, and win prizes!
Member Appreciation Days
Watch for special days for members to enjoy some treats and discounts from our partners in the community.