Update 2/28/22- Indoor Mask Mandate Lifted
Beginning Monday, February 28, masks will no longer be required at Elgin recreation facilities and programs. Patrons, participants, and staff are still able to wear a mask if they choose.
PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Building Hours: Monday – Friday 5am to 8:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4:30pm
- Track: Open during facility hours – free to the public
- Main Courtesy Desk: Monday – Thursday 9am to 6pm; Friday 9am- 1; Saturday 9am to Noon
- Fitness Center: No reservations, No timed sessions! Open during regular facility hours.
- Centercise: Women Only Workout Area OPEN!
- Racquetball Courts available – Reserve your time at the fitness desk
- Group Fitness Classes available with no capacity limits
- Banquets, Private Rentals & Parties available with no capacity limits
- Kidz World is now open. Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 8am-1pm, Tuesday: 4-7pm; Saturday: 9am-1pm
- Whirlpools and steam room open
Adventure Island at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Open Swim: Monday – Thursday 4-6pm; Friday 4-8pm; Saturday & Sunday 12-4:30pm
Hawthorne Hill Nature Center
- Fridays & Saturdays – 10 am until 3pm
- Walking trails open dawn to dusk
- Parents/guardians may now enter the facility with their children for programs and classes
- For more information regarding current summer camps, swim lessons, and programs view our current program guide.
- Online Registration is encouraged
- In-Person Registration open only during Main Courtesy Desk hours