Update 6/14/21 – Restore Illinois Phase 5
The State has officially moved to Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Friday, June 11. The Elgin Parks and Recreation Department looks forward to resuming normal business operations. While most areas of the department will no longer have capacity limits, it’s important to note that some safety measures and COVID-19 guidelines are still in place in our programs and facilities.
We will still continue to follow the guidance from the State of Illinois and the Kane County Health Department. We will provide more information to you, when necessary, and will adjust operations as quickly as possible in the event of any further changes. The most up to date information can be found on our website and social media outlets.
Once again, we thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming more of you back into our programs and facilities in the near future.
Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering or social distance. Individuals not fully vaccinated, which includes all youth 2 – 11 years old, should wear a face covering in our facilities. By participating in an Elgin Parks and Recreation Department program, activity, event, or visiting a facility without a face covering, you are verifying that you have been fully vaccinated.
PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Building Hours: Monday – Friday 5am to 8:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4:30pm
- Track: Open during facility hours – free to the public
- Main Courtesy Desk: Tuesday 9am to 3pm; Wednesday 1 to 5pm; Saturday 9am to noon
- Fitness Center: No reservations, No timed sessions! Open during regular facility hours.
- Centercise: Women’s Only Workout Area OPEN!
- Racquetball Courts available – Reserve your time at the fitness desk
- Open Climb: Beginning July 12 – Mondays 11am-1pm; Tuesdays 6-8pm; Saturdays 1-4pm
- Group Fitness Classes available with no capacity limits – registration required.
- Banquets, Private Rentals & Parties available with no capacity limits
- KidzWorld opening with limited hours in July – more details to come
- Whirlpools and steam room opening soon!
Adventure Island at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Open Swim: Monday – Thursday 12-4pm; Saturday & Sunday 12 – 4:30pm
Wing Park Family Aquatic Center – Open through August 8
- Sunday – Thursday 12 to 6pm, Friday & Saturday 12 to 7:30pm
- No capacity limits
- Full concession operations
Festival Park Splash Pad – Open through September 6
- Open to the public – 10 am to dusk
Hawthorne Hill Nature Center
- Fridays & Saturdays – 10 am until 4pm
- Walking trails open dawn to dusk
Tefts Farm at the Lords Park Zoo
- June 5 – August 11
- Monday – Friday 11 am – 3 pm; Saturday & Sunday 12 to 4 pm
Summer Camps/Recreation Programs
- Parents/guardians may now enter the facility with their children for programs and classes
- For more information regarding current summer camps, swim lessons, and programs view our current program guide – https://bit.ly/ElginSpringSummerPrograms
- Online Registration is encouraged
- In-Person Registration open only during Main Courtesy Desk hours
Update 5/13/21 – Bridge to Phase 5 begins Friday, May 14.
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin is very encouraged by the announcement from the Governor that the State of Illinois will move into the Bridge Phase of the Restore Illinois reopening plan beginning Friday, May 14. The Bridge Phase expands capacity limits at places like fitness centers, recreation, zoos, events, and more.
Safety continues to be our top priority. Face coverings and social distancing are still required at all times, but some restrictions have been modified. Below is a list of a few updates and helpful reminders for the Bridge Phase that take effect on Friday, May 14.
FITNESS CENTERS & GROUP EXERCISE
The fitness center will operate at 60% capacity. Face coverings must be worn at all times in the fitness center while engaged in exercise inside the fitness center and group exercise studio. Current group exercise schedules can be found on our website.
Patrons must wear a mask when entering the pool facilities and while on the pool deck. Individuals with a medical condition or concern which prevents them from wearing a face mask/covering will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If you or someone in your family is unable to wear a face-covering due to a medical condition, please contact Steve Gard directly so that our staff can work with you and accommodate any needs you may have.
- Masks will not be required while in the water.
- Registration for lap swim will remain unchanged.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES TEMPORARILY CLOSED
The following amenities and services will remain suspended during the Bridge to Phase 5.
- Sauna & Whirlpool
- Kidz World
If Illinois meets all metrics, the State could move into Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois reopening plan as soon as Friday, June 11. As soon as we receive the authority to move to Phase 5, we will adjust operations as quickly as possible and communicate via email, post on our website, and social media outlets.
Elgin Parks and Recreation will continue to adhere to guidelines provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and CDC recommendations. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we all look forward to a fully reopened Edward Schock Centre of Elgin as soon as possible this summer.
Update: Feb 3, 2021 – Governor Pritzker announced that our region, Region 8, has been upgraded into Phase 4 of the Resurgence Mitigation.
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin – Phase 4 Guidelines
Our number one priority is to ensure The Centre of Elgin provides a first-class member experience by taking extra precautions to provide a safe and healthy club experience for our members and team members.
Centre staff and fitness members must abide by The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift. Members must adhere to CDC, state, and local guidelines as well as Centre fitness policies.
CENTRE OF ELGIN REOPENING GUIDELINES
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Mon – Fri | 5:00am – 9:00pm
- Sat – Sun | 7:00am – 5:00pm
- We are limiting fitness workouts to 50 members per time slot.
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN PROCESS
- Workout sessions are for members only and are 90 minutes in length. Starting Feb 1, reservations are no longer required, but the 90 minute time frame is strictly enforced. Please arrive within the first 30 minutes of your chosen time slot. If the maximum capacity is reached you may have to wait until a member leaves or until the start of the next time slot.
- Locker rooms are open for changing and showering, members must bring their own towels.
- Members will be required to wear a face masks and all times while in the building, including while working out.
- Lap swim slots must be reserved online.
- Staff will not touch or handle any member belongings.
- Cash will not be accepted for any purchases. If a transaction is necessary a credit/debit card may be used with our card reader system.
- One entrance and exit will be implemented (bridge between the parking garage and fitness desk) to ensure maximum distancing.
- The walking track reservations coincide with the fitness time slots and require either a Centre membership or the purchase of a track pass. Track passes are available online and are for residents only. Track usage will be limited to 20 members per time slot.
- Centre staff will be assigned and dedicated to zone cleanings in all areas of the gym including high touch areas, door handles, etc.
- We will be closing the facility for 30 minutes between each workout session to thoroughly clean the rest rooms, exercise equipment, etc.
- Fitness members will be asked to wipe down all equipment and surfaces before and after each use
- Centre staff will be cleaning the locker rooms every hour.
- Centre staff will implement a daily cleaning protocol and a complete fitness area sanitization every 90 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned every hour.
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES
- Strength Machines have been spaced within a workout zone of 6 feet between equipment.
- Staggered usage of Cardio equipment will be implemented to ensure at least 6 feet of space between each individual; please do not attempt to use the cardio that is temporally out of service.
- 1 on 1 Personal Training will be available by reservation only. Contact Dave Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org, to reserve a personal training session.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Group Fitness classes will resume in person starting Feb 1, 2021.
MEMBER & CENTRE STAFF GUIDELINES
- Centre fitness members will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to follow protocols for cleaning and wear personal protective equipment.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Water Fountains – please fill your water bottle prior to your arrival.
- Towel Service – all members must provide their own towel (lap swim included!).
KID’S ZONE * BASKETBALL * WHIRLPOOL & STEAM ROOM * GUEST PASSES * OPEN SWIM
- The amenities listed above will remain closed and unavailable until the Restore Illinois plan allows us to do so.
- Pickleball will resume Feb 1, 2021.
- Masks must be worn at all times while participating in an activity.
Due to ongoing negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, service level reductions remain in place, including the closure of Lord’s Park Family Aquatic Center for the 2021 outdoor pool season. Patrons are encouraged to utilize Wing Park Family Aquatic Center or Adventure Island at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin.