Update 9/27/21 – Indoor Mask Mandate
Face masks are required at all City of Elgin indoor facilities including The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin. All fitness members will be required to wear a face mask even while engaged in exercise. The safety of our patrons is our top priority. With the recent surge in cases, Governor Pritzker has mandated that beginning Monday, August 30, all individuals 2 and over must wear face coverings inside public buildings, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to monitor all state and county guidelines and will provide additional updates as they become available.
PROGRAM AND FACILITY UPDATES
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Building Hours: Monday – Friday 5am to 8:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4:30pm
- Track: Open during facility hours – free to the public
- Main Courtesy Desk: Monday – Wednesday 9am to 6pm; Thursday 1 to 5pm; Saturday 9am to Noon
- Fitness Center: No reservations, No timed sessions! Open during regular facility hours.
- Centercise: Women’s Only Workout Area OPEN!
- Racquetball Courts available – Reserve your time at the fitness desk
- Open Climb: Thursdays 5-8pm; Saturdays 12-4pm
- Group Fitness Classes available with no capacity limits – registration required.
- Banquets, Private Rentals & Parties available with no capacity limits
- KidzWorld is now open. Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 8am-12pm, Tuesday: 3-7pm; Saturday: 9am-1pm
- Whirlpools and steam room opening soon!
Adventure Island at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Open Swim: Monday – Thursday 4-6pm; Friday 4-8pm; Saturday & Sunday 12-4:30pm
Hawthorne Hill Nature Center
- Fridays & Saturdays – 10 am until 3pm
- Walking trails open dawn to dusk
- Parents/guardians may now enter the facility with their children for programs and classes
- For more information regarding current summer camps, swim lessons, and programs view our current program guide.
- Online Registration is encouraged
- In-Person Registration open only during Main Courtesy Desk hours