Update: Feb 3, 2021 – Governor Pritzker announced that our region, Region 8, has been upgraded into Phase 4 of the Resurgence Mitigation.
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin – Phase 4 Guidelines
Our number one priority is to ensure The Centre of Elgin provides a first-class member experience by taking extra precautions to provide a safe and healthy club experience for our members and team members.
Centre staff and fitness members must abide by The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift. Members must adhere to CDC, state, and local guidelines as well as Centre fitness policies.
CENTRE OF ELGIN REOPENING GUIDELINES
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Mon – Fri | 5:00am – 9:00pm
- Sat – Sun | 7:00am – 5:00pm
- We are limiting fitness workouts to 50 members per time slot.
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN PROCESS
- Workout sessions are for members only and are 90 minutes in length. Starting Feb 1, reservations are no longer required, but the 90 minute time frame is strictly enforced. Please arrive within the first 30 minutes of your chosen time slot. If the maximum capacity is reached you may have to wait until a member leaves or until the start of the next time slot.
- Locker rooms are open for changing and showering, members must bring their own towels.
- Members will be required to wear a face masks and all times while in the building, including while working out.
- Lap swim slots must be reserved online.
- Staff will not touch or handle any member belongings.
- Cash will not be accepted for any purchases. If a transaction is necessary a credit/debit card may be used with our card reader system.
- One entrance and exit will be implemented (bridge between the parking garage and fitness desk) to ensure maximum distancing.
- The walking track reservations coincide with the fitness time slots and require either a Centre membership or the purchase of a track pass. Track passes are available online and are for residents only. Track usage will be limited to 20 members per time slot.
- Centre staff will be assigned and dedicated to zone cleanings in all areas of the gym including high touch areas, door handles, etc.
- We will be closing the facility for 30 minutes between each workout session to thoroughly clean the rest rooms, exercise equipment, etc.
- Fitness members will be asked to wipe down all equipment and surfaces before and after each use
- Centre staff will be cleaning the locker rooms every hour.
- Centre staff will implement a daily cleaning protocol and a complete fitness area sanitization every 90 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned every hour.
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES
- Strength Machines have been spaced within a workout zone of 6 feet between equipment.
- Staggered usage of Cardio equipment will be implemented to ensure at least 6 feet of space between each individual; please do not attempt to use the cardio that is temporally out of service.
- 1 on 1 Personal Training will be available by reservation only. Contact Dave Lopez, email@example.com, to reserve a personal training session.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Group Fitness classes will resume in person starting Feb 1, 2021.
MEMBER & CENTRE STAFF GUIDELINES
- Centre fitness members will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to follow protocols for cleaning and wear personal protective equipment.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Water Fountains – please fill your water bottle prior to your arrival.
- Towel Service – all members must provide their own towel (lap swim included!).
KID’S ZONE * BASKETBALL * WHIRLPOOL & STEAM ROOM * GUEST PASSES * OPEN SWIM
- The amenities listed above will remain closed and unavailable until the Restore Illinois plan allows us to do so.
- Pickleball will resume Feb 1, 2021.
- Masks must be worn at all times while participating in an activity.
Due to ongoing negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, service level reductions remain in place, including the closure of Lord’s Park Family Aquatic Center for the 2021 outdoor pool season. Patrons are encouraged to utilize Wing Park Family Aquatic Center or Adventure Island at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin.