The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin, the Eastside Recreation Center, the Elgin Sports Complex and Hawthorne Hill Nature Center Closures will be extended until we enter Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan.
As part of the City of Elgin’s ongoing efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus, the Elgin Parks and Recreation Department has closed all facilities including the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin, the Eastside Recreation Center and the Elgin Sports Complex until we enter Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. These closures include the fitness areas at those facilities. As of June 1, we are opening the Centre of Elgin for 1 on 1 personal training. Contact Dave Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Classes and programs already cancelled will remain cancelled until we enter Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. This includes classes and programs at the Edward Schock Centre of Elgin, the Eastside Recreation Center and Hawthorne Hill Nature Center.
In lie of in person programs, we are currently running Virtual Programs – Download PDF for more information.
Parks and Recreation staff will work with patrons to address any issues related to facility memberships, rentals and class/program registration.
- The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
- Eastside Recreation Center
- Hawthorne Hill Nature Center *Trails remain open from dawn until dusk
- Elgin Sports Complex
We will be opening Bowes Creek Country Club, The Highlands of Elgin, and Wing Park Golf Course with limited services beginning Friday, May 1st.
As of May 29, 2020, foursomes will be permitted
Some areas of the operation will be closed as we follow the Executive Order of the State of Illinois regarding Covid-19 and social distancing requirements.
- Prepayment is required for all online tee times
- No refunds on prepaid tee times. If you need to cancel your reservation or in the event of inclement weather, we will issue a rain check to be used at a later date.
- There is a $1.99 per player booking fee. Booking fees are not eligible for a rain check
- Carts will be issued In order of tee times and on an available basis. Due to the State’s restriction of single rider golf carts, we cannot guarantee the use of a cart during your round. Golf carts may not be reserved or paid for in advance. Family members will be allowed to share a cart.
- There will be a daily walker-only block of time from 9-10:30am and 12:30-2pm where carts will not be available.
- Single golfers may book only with a twosome or threesome
- Proper dress is required
- Johnny’s Supper Club and the Grumpy Goat are closed until further notice-limited food and beverage will be available at the turn grille (subject to change).
The golf staff, at its sole discretion, can deem clothing inappropriate. Please dress appropriate. Thank You!
For more information, contact Barb Keselica at 847-531-7056 (office) or 847-417-6959 (cell).
FITNESS MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
- Annual Members that have paid in full will have their membership extended for the length of the closure.
- Members who are scheduled for automatic payment will not be charged on May 1st. March membership fees and resuming automatic payments will be adjusted accordingly when facilities re-open.
- All Group Fitness pass holders will have their passes extended for the length of the closure.
We will continue to keep patrons up to date and we encourage you to check our website and/or follow our Facebook pages. Please continue to exercise at home and stay healthy.