Update: November 17, 2020 – Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced today new COVID-19 resurgence mitigations in our region beginning on Friday, November 20, 2020. At that time, we will enter Tier 3 of the Restore Illinois Resurgence Mitigations.
The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin – Tier 3 Guidelines
Our number one priority is to ensure The Centre of Elgin provides a first-class member experience by taking extra precautions to provide a safe and healthy club experience for our members and team members.
Centre staff and fitness members must abide by The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin guidelines as stated below regarding all safety and health precautions before, during, and after their scheduled shift. Members must adhere to CDC, state, and local guidelines as well as Centre fitness policies.
CENTRE OF ELGIN REOPENING GUIDELINES
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Mon – Fri | 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Sat – Sun | 7:00am – 5:00pm
- No more than 25% occupancy – limiting fitness workouts to 22 members
- Members must preregister for one of the (7) 90-minute workout sessions – Monday through Friday and (5) 90 minute workout sessions – Saturday & Sunday. A maximum of one session per day per member.
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN PROCESS
- Workout sessions are for members only and can be reserved online by clicking the “Register for Fitness Center Workouts” button to the right.
- Members must come dressed and ready to workout with limited belongings – locker rooms will not be available for changing and showering, restrooms will be available.
- Members will be required to wear a face masks and all times while in the building, including while working out.
- Lap swim slots remain the same and must be reserved online.
- Staff will not touch or handle any member belongings.
- Cash will not be accepted for any purchases. If a transaction is necessary a credit/debit card may be used with our card reader system.
- One entrance and exit will be implemented (bridge between the parking garage and fitness desk) to ensure maximum distancing.
- The walking track reservations coincide with the fitness time slots and require either a Centre membership or the purchase of a track pass. Track passes are available online and are for residents only. Track usage will be limited to 10 members per time slot.
- Centre staff will be assigned and dedicated to zone cleanings in all areas of the gym including high touch areas, door handles, etc.
- We will be closing the facility for 30 minutes between each workout session to thoroughly clean the rest rooms, exercise equipment, etc.
- Fitness members will be asked to wipe down all equipment and surfaces before and after each use
- Centre staff will be cleaning the locker rooms every hour.
- Centre staff will implement a daily cleaning protocol and a complete fitness area sanitization every 90 minutes.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned every hour.
CARDIO & STRENGTH MACHINES
- Strength Machines have been spaced within a workout zone of 6 feet between equipment.
- Staggered usage of Cardio equipment will be implemented to ensure at least 6 feet of space between each individual; please do not attempt to use the cardio that is temporally out of service.
- 1 on 1 Personal Training will be available by reservation only. Contact Dave Lopez, email@example.com, to reserve a personal training session.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
- Group Fitness classes will no longer be offered in-house during this phase. Plans are being made to allow access to our virtual classes for our members.
MEMBER & CENTRE STAFF GUIDELINES
- Centre fitness members will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to abide by the updated Centre fitness cleaning standards and follow safe physical distancing practice of at least 6′ apart while using the gym.
- Centre staff will be required to follow protocols for cleaning and wear personal protective equipment.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Water Fountains – please fill your water bottle prior to your arrival.
- Towel Service – all members must provide their own towel (lap swim included!).
KID’S ZONE * BASKETBALL * WHIRLPOOL & STEAM ROOM * LOCKER ROOMS * *GUEST PASSES * OPEN SWIM
- The amenities listed above will remain closed and unavailable until the Restore Illinois plan allows us to do so.
- Indoor activities, including swim lessons, will be canceled until further notice. School based programs and outdoor activities are still running.
- Masks must be worn at all times while participating in an activity.